10.02.2008

Cold Morning

Cold, is the word today. I road to work this morning with the thermometer reading 45 degrees. The start was a bit chilly, so I emerged from my warm home with full leg bibs and a warm jacket. Now these were not my winter tights, but a set of light tights I have some how collected over the years. They were perfect, I did over dress on the upper torso I was sweating greatly before I reached the halfway point. Fortunately for good layering practices, all I needed to do was unzip slightly to help regulate my core temperature.
Today was a good day. My legs responded properly and I felt quite proud to be riding on such a cool morning. This combination helped transport me to that fluid state of mind that athletes describe as "In the Flow". What a blessing.

I look forward to my evening ride home!

No comments: